Wednesday, May 28, 2008

27th Day

Back to work. First commute. No traffic, but rain so it SUCKED. Didn't take too long. Will be interested to see how often I need to fill up. I think when I was commuting for bar classes last summer I was filling up about every 10 days or so . . . not too bad for having a 10 gallon engine and travelling over 40 miles a day . . . BUT WE SHALL SEE.

Ended up having to order a UHAUL to use b/c no one would pick up my large items I wanted to donate. So, I called in and was able to get one and promptly got it, used it, and returned it. $19.99 plus mileage, and I only went about 3 miles total. Then I had to put gas in it, so I just put in a little over a gallon (and then the lady at the Uhaul place had the nerve to tell me I did not put in enough gas . . . uhhh, yeah . . . so Uhauls get worse than 3 mpg? Don't think so . . . I drove all the way out there and ends up the HO was reading the gas gauge BACKWARDS and then told me the gauges are reversed on some trucks? I don't think so . . . )

After that, I didn't feel like going back to the old apartment to eat the lunch I had waiting there so I went to Arby's for a SALAD. (My first non-Wendy's fast food MEAL) What a waste . . . it was good, and I kinda want another one, but there was barely any lettuce!!! It came in this huge container and was only half full. WTF?! DAMMIT. Now I am thinking about it and want it!!! We'll see how my Dr. appointment goes today and that will determine whether or not I get one . . . I bet the restaurant has a similar one, though.

Had a cellphone dilemna that was worked out, but put me in panick mode. That's the bad thing about relying entirely on your cellphone: you can so easily be totally cut off!!!

Cleaned the old apartment for a bit, then went HOME and had a relaxing night--even fighting the urge to have a "drink" b/c I was so stressed from the day!

No comments: