Thursday, May 29, 2008

DAY 28

First and foremost:

Yesterday I was thinking about this BLOG and how the end of the month was approaching. I was thinking, "Hmmm . . . I should find another challenge." I decided to start a food log to keep track of what I am consuming in the most basic sense, and to instill a sense of shame in eating horribly bad things--as the world would be put on NOTICE of such tendencies. Then last night I read that Candice is going to do a similar thing, although focusing much more on the sustainability aspect. Sustainability will also be goal, of course, but the primary focus will be on fixing my consuption problems! I've been "steadily" (I use that word loosely, as some months I have lost a lot, and then other times it takes a couple of months to lose only 5 pounds) losing weight since this summer, and now that I am facing another six weeks of NO RUNNING, I need to start working on my eating and not depending on my running to undo all the damage of my binge eating. WORD UP.

Okay, back to day 28:

Went to work, commuted. Used cruise control on all the highway portions and am getting much more comfortable with it!!! YAY!!!

I had a doctor's appointment, where I was told I could not run for six more weeks and need to "baby" my leg. No cast or boot is needed, though, becuase it is the fibula and I still will be placing the brunt of my weight on the tibia when I walk and stuff. Otherwise, I would be booted up! So, I have now officially broken both of the bones in my left shin. AWESOME. Paid my copay.

Then I ordered my ticked for Sex and the City tomorrow on Fandango. We are going to dinner beforehand, so I will need to eat as cheaply as possible . . . the funds are drying up! I no longer have a cushion in my student loan account. :( That's why I'm working so hard to get my security deposit back . . . i like having that cushion. I should also seriously consider applying for a credit card to use in emergencies. But UGHHH! I do trust myself a lot more now with credit, but I still just don't like the idea . . .

Ordered a salad from McDonalds ( :( ) b/c I was eager to compare/contrast the Southwestern Salads of McDonalds and Arbys . . . McD's wins, although Arbys' is cheaper . . . but not enough lettuce!!!!

Cleaned up the old apartment some more after work, then headed back to relax.

Needed groceries, so I ran to Target so I could use my Target Card. I was so impressed by the variety of delicious/healthy products at Super Target! HOLY CRAP. Archer Farms is da bomb. I didn't buy too much, as I don't yet know what all I need at the new place. I also got PIZZA HUT for dinner. SO BAD! But again, I am in a transitional phase where I don't yet feel comfortable (or have the energy!!!!) cooking and making a big mess at the new place . . . I shall overcome.

No comments: